View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:49 PM

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
That’s great. It’s hard to tell the size by photo but they have up to SB350 series which handles 1/0 to 4/0 wire.

Those 6v solar/golf cart batteries are excellent for deep cycle work. That would pair very well with that inverter. If you need a recommendation for a really great solar charge controller I highly recommend the Victron Energy Smart Solar MPPT units. They are fully programmable which makes them very versatile and usable with lead and lithium batteries, "smart" units have built in Bluetooth capability for their app, data logging and reporting… and pretty affordable for what you get. Here is a screen shot.

All this DC power and battery stuff is kinda my jam... its what I enjoy most about these types of project at least

Right now I’m just playing with it and moving it around to different setups, but the plan is to get it into the 4Runner with a panel on the roof so I can actually see what’s going on with my electrical system and fridge loads.

Ultimately it’s going to charge a compact lithium battery for my fridge setup which is still kinda in development, but the proof of concept testing has already been done. System is complete with its own battery management setup so it can safely be charge/discharge unattended.

I want to build all the cells into a low profile drawer system under the fridge... most people wont even know its there unless I told them. Technically it would become a triple-battery setup as the fridge now has its own dedicated non-shared power source.

Made using recycled 18650 batteries, I basically got for free...

Last edited by Bumbo; 03-27-2020 at 10:23 PM.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote