Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 08:30 PM

MudMud is on a distinguished road

MudMud is on a distinguished road
Damnit man. Just when I thought I was wrapping this up - Quarantine the past 2 weeks has made this slow going...

So, I did some digging, and the newer axle DOES have different brake components as well. That explains why the driver side brakes look different (Note the square hole on the right side of my photo - Older style pads do not have that, and there is a spring in that hole on the newer style). It also has a different backing plate so I can't just switch stuff out.

So now WTF should I do? I hate having mismatched stuff on there - It makes things like this a pain in the ass. I feel like I might be best off finding a used older style driver side axle - I already have the new correct bearing, the new correct dust cap thing, the new correct brake pads...And then I'd have matching parts for future work.

Thoughts?