Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 11:20 PM

slidez is on a distinguished road

slidez is on a distinguished road
Well I ended up installing these and the install was pretty simple. I originally had the pro truck kit front and rear with the 1" rear springs. These drooped to about 0.5" after gobi rack, sliders, and my recovery gear in the back. I ordered the 250lbs springs to accomodate my RTT and camping gear when loaded. My pre-spring change measurement was 22.25" from the center hub to fender.

When doing the install, just follow the instructions and be sure you have a thin 19mm open wrench for the top mount nut which was a ***** to get threaded. Also don't be stupid like me and use a ratcheting end with the nut to hold it in place. Once its tightened your wrench wont have clearance to come out, that alone set me back about 20 minutes trying to hold the nut to get the wrench out.

I took the leveling plates and measured to 38mm for max adjustment range which is about 0 - 1.5". Based on Eibach's chart that should net me 2.5" of lift with 200lbs load so I lowered the plate aproximately 13mm to bring me to 26mm. This I calculated should be about 2" of lift instead with 200lbs of load on these springs. I marked the threads with teflon tape so I have a reference if I ever need to lower or raise them in the future.

After install measurements were about 23" give or take an 1/8th which worked out perfectly since the extra height leveled out my KDSS droop. I took a ride with them installed and it definitely absorbed dips on pavement pretty smoothly but firmer than the pro kit springs which let me know I made the right spring choice.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the product, adjustments are easy and all you need to do is jackup, remove wheels and spin away with the rods. Lemme know if anyone has any other questions if they are on the fence on purchasing these springs.
slidez is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote