Site Navigation

Thread: Steering Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 02:59 PM

Photogr is on a distinguished road

Photogr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrv9 View Post
Look for foam on your PS fluid reservoir. Also could you have a brake dragging?
I will, thanks. Unlikely the brakes, but anything's possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greydog View Post
Sounds like the intermediate steering shaft is corroded and seizing up. Spray some penetrating lube in there are worth the steering wheel lock to lock. Then spray or lube with grease.
That's a bit beyond my mechanical capacity, unless someone can help with photo's.....I'll google intermediate steering shaft and see what I can find too, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy556 View Post
Mine was doing that a few months ago at 255k miles. P/S fluid looked fine, no bubbles, and I had been replacing it every 100k miles, no P/S pump noises. In my case, a new P/S pump fixed it.
I'm not familiar with a P/S pump going without making all kinds of a whining/grinding noises when turning, but based on your experience this seems the likeliest scenario so far. Do you recall what you paid to replace it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYO74 View Post
Is your shift selector in 4WD ?
No, 2WD for some time. With the snow of a couple weeks ago I was in 4WD and didn't experience any of these symptoms like they are today. So, I'm guessing this is not related to the problem for now. Thanks.
Photogr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote