Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 12:06 PM

david05111 will become famous soon enough

david05111 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepsontoilet View Post
I always use Rustoleum Hammered as you can buy it in the can and just brush it on. Has a textured finish to hide flaws and is easy to touch up. I put it on all the buggies I build.
How does the paint hold up? I’ve been considering whether to order my sliders powdercoated or bare metal and I’ve been reading that they’re really easy to touch up with paint if you go that route. One of the concerns I have though is that if you use the slider as a step occasionally, the paint may just start to flake in some places and that’s just a crappy look. I’d be painting the things every two weeks.

If the paint is really durable and only going to come off if I scrape the heck out of them on a rock, then I might go that round instead
david05111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote