Site Navigation

Notices

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 01:20 PM

sudokukami is on a distinguished road

sudokukami is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert4Banger View Post
I found out the hard way that my credit union no longer finances anything before 2003. I had just paid off my 98' and wanted to add another to the family, found a great example, was approved for more credit than I needed, and when I gave them the car I wanted, they nixed the auto loan, offering a personal loan at 17%;) Even the banker's eyes went wide. Anyway, now my car is considered a "classic", and unfinanceable.

Edit: Also, this is very nice truck that I would jump on if it were manual. I know a few sellers who have put their trucks back in the garage, market strongly favors a buyer with cash at the moment.
Luckily my credit union will finance what the car is "worth" and allows another 10% on top of that, then I have to find find another way for the difference. But yeah, the thought of going to a bank surrounded by people to get a cashier's check certainly does frighten people during these times, and I certainly don't blame them!
sudokukami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote