Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 02:40 PM

PoopSmith is on a distinguished road

PoopSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJWilliams View Post
Hey @PoopSmith ,

Thanks for your write up. I've been looking at this bumper for ages but had a couple of the same concerns as you - plus a couple of others I'd really like your help with-
1 - What is the light spread from the backup lights like? Any photos at night showing the spread? They are so recessed into the bumper, firstly it looks like a bit afterthought but more importantly seems it'll cut off a bunch of the wider beam area
2 - Do you think a license plate could fit over the little victory logo panel above the hitch - or anywhere else? I am absolutely trying to avoid the plate being on the tire with the camera.

Victory's Tacoma bumper looks like a masterclass - that thing has both the above issues sorted out of the box - not sure if the 4runner was first and they fixed it on the Tacoma or if they forgot on the 4Runner version?!

No problem! I've been meaning to do some more updates and kept forgetting (now I guess I have to!)

1-I'm ashamed to admit I haven't even wired them up yet! If the weather gets nice I will soon, and will update.

2-Plenty of room! I went and grabbed an old plate and you could totally fashion a bracket using the bolts from the logo plate. If you mount it flush with the top of the bumper, you have about a 1/4" of clearance to the top of the receiver.

PoopSmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote