View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 09:00 PM
Banned

pointman will become famous soon enough pointman will become famous soon enough
Banned

pointman will become famous soon enough pointman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepsontoilet View Post
When you first paint them, it can chip. But it blends so easily you really won't notice where. Once it gets hardened it holds up great. I don't have good pics of the rock rails on my buggies after a competition, but it will only be missing where the rocker was gouged. Simply touch it up with rattle can or a brush and its blends back in. For steps I would like some form of non skid added to it, as they can get pretty slick if only stepping on just a tube. If you do an upside down dimple die or something with traction it's better. I don't think a non textured powder coat would be any different.

I can't tell you how many powder coated bumpers I've seen end up chipping and starting to bumble from rust. There's no way to touch up without sand blasting and repowder. With this you can touch up whenever easily. I can't say I've ever had any just run off any chassis ever. Once it gets hardened it only comes off where you gouged it from a rock. Also it will paint right over rust, so no need for extravagant prep work. I'd say it'll paint over most anything aside from water puddles.
Those are some insightful details.. about powdercoating vs. the Hammered method. Thanks for all the help. I actually feel really comfortable now about getting it in raw metal!
pointman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote