Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 08:11 AM

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgue467 View Post
Why bother with Full Coverage on any vehicle over 12 yrs old??
Because the difference between the minimum I'll accept (liability is a *****, I've seen too many multi-million dollar claims and that was mostly 10~30 years ago when my dad was still selling insurance) to full coverage is maybe $100/year? Most people are spending that much a month of take-out coffee, or a phone bill. I doubt I'll miss the $0.80 I might see from investing (assuming the standard 8% stock market return).

OP, you can use sales pricing for "similar" vehicles as argument for a price adjustment. I tend to save sales info from Craigslist, Ebay, BaT, etc... on vehicles that have value beyond what I'm willing to just absorb (about $5k for me, insurance isn't worth it below that, and is a thinker when right around that price).

There are Also "classic car" insurance options where you can insure to a set price. Some have mileage limits (no more than 3k per year, for example), some have Use limits (can't go to/from work), and they tend to be a little more costly because you're insuring for a higher dollar value than if you just go to a discount business who looks at the blue-book and insures for the $2,500 listed (yes, that's actual KBB for a 4x4 limited).

If you don't have the money, then the last course of action is usually to just plan on parting out any vehicle that's beyond repair. You'll get your money back and then some, but you have to put in your time and effort. That's normally the best bet for people who are short on funds, driving inexpensive vehicles (and these still are) ~ you simply have to have the ability.