View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 11:15 PM

fastone53w is on a distinguished road

fastone53w is on a distinguished road
I have 2 1970 muscles cars. One is original just with needed over time upkeep stuff done to keep it car show nice.

Other is 20 year old every bolt and nut remove restoration, built to make your girlfriend wet and babies cry when it drives by. For 20 year old resto still looks dam good. It has racing engine that will run any ways, but upside down.

They not convertible hemi cuda value or shelby league, but nice, fairly rare cars and hard find repair parts.

My friend is in to true old hemi cars and big block full race mustangs. I ask him how he insures his if total lost would happen and how does that work.

Couple of his cars are hand built from pieces not number matching, but all right oem parts to make car right. he drives them all. Drag races some of them still.

You built your truck, added parts, and have record of parts and work done. If you go thru normal insurance it will be treated like a 10 or 20 year old truck. If it ever meets its sudden unexpected final stop. They pay you out a lot less then you wanted and total your truck .

If you buy a hobbyist/special type insurance. They appraise your truck for as is value and work done and extra parts added and you can kind of negotiate your insurance coverage plan. It cost more, but that way if something really bad happens you get your value for your truck/car.

Racing and off road loss or damage is also insurable but, need to be prearrange for what you will be doing to your truck/car.

He has his expensive babies that he beats up on weekend fully insured for loss and replacement, but he pays for it.

My one car is insured for full replacement, even under racing loss (must be on a legit closed course race track) or just a random normal crash on street. I get any remains of my car back, a suitable replacement body/shell and any other parts need, but no labor to replace or rebuild it.

Anything is insurable to your value if you need it to be and can afford it.
fastone53w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote