Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 02:39 PM

jacinda is on a distinguished road

jacinda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
1. Are there any options that you wish you had/wish you did not have?

KDSS. It makes a slight difference in on road handling, but also makes for weird leaning issues when lifting.

2. Are there any particular "quirks" with specific model years I should be aware of?

Older ones will have bad door locks. It's an expensive fix to dig around in the doors. The 5th generation models before the 2014 all have cheaper interiors than the post-refresh models, especially if you get the upgraded one. Toyotas also love to rust in certain climates so get a southern vehicle if buying used.

3. What are some easy "cost-efficient" mods I might consider getting right after purchase?

Nothing I did, it depends on how you use it.

4. How do you feel its like a daily driver?

It's a heavy and large truck. Perfectly capable of being a DD/commuter, but if that's your main use, then there are far better vehicles.

5. Do you feel there is anything else you need to add as a new possible "4Runner enthusiast"?

Don't modify anything until you have an idea what your specific needs are.

6. Do you think I should wait for another year or two based on "rumors" of new things?

No.

I would add that they kinda suck in CO snow and ice unless you have dedicated snow tires, even then the lack of a center diff blows when using the 4WD on streets and highways. I used Blizzaks and Nokians for snow tires.

Honestly, the BEST winter car I had in CO was my dad's Outback. That thing killed it in the worst weather conditions.
Nice opinion
jacinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote