Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:05 AM

BamaDrewski will become famous soon enough

BamaDrewski will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentGsrq View Post
New member here with a 3rd gen 1998 2.7 2wd SR5, I bought it with the AC not working, the clutch does not engage at all, my 1st stab at AC service was to replace the drier, as I am in Florida it seemed prudent, I vac'd the system down for about an hour with a 4cfm pump, then left it for an hour and the manifold stayed at 28 bar, I then tried to recharge the system, opening only the low side and it will not accept much refrigerant at all, maybe 3-4 oz tops, the compressor does not kick on, the motor is running, the AC switch on and lit.

I am wondering if I can do a bypass to the exciter coil to get the compressor to engage. Or to now replace the expansion valve just cuz, vac it out and start over.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Vince
The first thing to check when the compressor is not engaging is the pressure switch under the hood on the passenger side. These do go bad and they are a simple replacement. (Trust me - I just went through it)
BamaDrewski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote