View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold

Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold Xtremluck is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunapeelakers View Post
Thanks gents, got it done yesterday, not too bad of a job at all - would have been easier with an impact hammer/chisel but beating the shit out of it with a hammer and pry bar worked ok. Also sucked doing it on the ground in the driveway, but only about an hour overall.

Steering wheel was off after I was done, so I went and got an alignment before they closed.

I got the shaft on Amazon for $60 shipped, thought it was too good to be true based on how proud Toyota is of it and that seeming to be the only option... turns out it worked perfect.

I had stiff spots in the steering from lock to lock that started intermittently about 6 weeks go, and just progressively got worse until I think the u-joint just completely seized. I got under it the other day and could see that the joint was rusted right out and the seals were toast. Tried spraying it with some grease and it didn’t help at all.

New shaft fixed it 100%, and while I was at it I changed out the serpentine belt which was also kind of a ***** without a long tensioner tool but didn’t take too long.

To note, I never had any noise, no leaks, and PS fluid is still a nice red color. Everyone I talked to was ready to will my 4R to the grave by saying the rack was bad, but it’s not at all ��.
Glad it worked out for you. I would still keep an eye out though our racks are notoriously weak if you hit rocks and dirt a decent amount.
'12 Silver 4Runner SR5: 14+ facelift, CBI front, CBI Rear, Warn EVO 10-S, ARB Snorkel, Baja Designs 30" S8, Squadron Sports, S2 Rack Lights, King 2.5 Suspension, OME 899, 33" Cooper ST Maxx, Full CBI Skids, Metaltech Sliders, GFC Tent, ARB Awning

Xtremluck's 2012 SR5 Build Thread
Xtremluck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote