Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 05:43 PM

Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about

Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf jakey View Post
Come on guys. I need to hear more feedback. These are very appealing to me. Looking to replace my 5100’s and go to 2.5” front height for 285s. Leaning toward long travel and control arms. Hope to improve on road handling, gain clearance and get better low speed rock crawling type performance. 5100’s on stock springs have just been ok. Rough ride, but still lots of nose dive and body roll.
With the Stay at Home order here in Colorado, I haven't been putting on a ton of miles, so I've been keeping feedback to a minimum.

Overall first impressions though, very happy I spent the cash! Nose dive is gone, I don't notice any body roll with the added height (not a slow driver always :X), a firmer yet very comfortable ride, and eats up a washboard gravel road great!

The rear end was a little stiff at first but seems to be breaking in nicely. I have put about 150 miles on and need to get it aligned (on factory tires / not overly concerned about the short term wear on them). I was holding out to let the front settle/see if I wanted to adjust before an alignment, plus I decided to pull the trigger on some UCA's and will be installing those in the next day or two.

I'm currently sitting about 2.75" and 3" up front, and about 2.5"/3" in back (passenger side currently higher, hopefully will level out). Went with C302's and C725's (15mm longer on pass. side to help with KDSS lean), standard length shocks. I've got KDSS. If the front if it doesn't level out I might bump the low side up a hair, but going to wait until at least 1000 miles to make any changes. Alignment will hopefully happen next week, who knows with all the stuff going on.

I do plan do start a full build thread and do a detailed writeup (I put on close to 30K a year) once I get a few thousand miles on the suspension and a couple trips offroad.

I haven't had 5100's on a 4R, but did on my 09' Silverado. They were much firmer and not in a good way compared to these. If I had to buy again I'd order this same setup.
Sundy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote