Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 07:13 PM

Ser1clymb is on a distinguished road

Ser1clymb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbtim View Post
Yep, that's your problem right there. OP, I'm guessing to get the timing gear off you did a little prying?
You're right. I thought I was careful taking it off and I thought I inspected it after I took it off, and before I put it on. Obviously a missing tooth points to the contrary.
Now that I'm about to redo my timing belt job, I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to compress the tensioner on the car so I don't have to take it off? One of the bolts is rounding, so I would have to take the A/C off in order to get at it cleanly.
2. I assume that I need to get a new crank pulley bolt even though it was new when I put the new belt on?
3. I'm also assuming that I can reuse the timing belt that I just changed? I don't need to worry about it being compromised from taking it off and putting it back on?

Once I get everything installed I'll update the thread (hopefully ending it with a successful conclusion).

I really appreciate the help from you @mtbtim and @LittleCaesar for all the suggestions and feedback, and of course everyone else that offered advice.
"Bettie" - 1998 4runner LTD E-Locker Evergreen Pearl 275K+, Alpine HU, Infinity Reference Speakers, Airraid MIT, B&M Cooler, Light Racing UCA, RCI skids, Bilstein Tundra 5100 and 4runner Eibach Coils in front/ Bilstein FJ 5100 and OME 890 rear, LC80 wheels wrapped with MT Baja ATZ 285/75/16, 99+ overhead console, 99+ center console, sound-deadening, Ditch lights

Last edited by Ser1clymb; 04-14-2020 at 07:28 PM.
Ser1clymb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote