Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 03:08 AM

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about
Just wanted to thank everybody for their input and information for my LED swap. I went with the F-S2 all the way around. Went with the lows and highs you reccomended here but the fogs were not available and had no date when they would be. So I just went with the F-S2 but had to get on Ebay
AUXBEAM 9006 LED Headlight 72W 8000LM Light Bulbs 6500K Super White Turbo Lamp K | eBay

Funny now that I look, the fogs you linked are available now.

In case someone sees this thread and ordered these lights I want to warn about some issues I had.

The H-11 lows fit right in and plugged in just fine, since it doesn’t have an O-Ring setup per say. The orientation is the same as stock bulbs with the cord on bottom.

For the 9005 highs, the orientation is 180* off and the cord sits at the top once in. The key would not go in to the channel and I wound up stripping the plastic portion that is attached to the light. It turns out that the O-Rings are just too big in diameter and will not fit in. No matter how hard I pushed forward. That’s how I wound up twisting the plastic loose from the light, it literally spun from the set screw. I was able to take the plastic off and carefully screw the set screw back in. I had to actually use the O-Rings from my factory bulbs to get them to push in. To twist them in I had to be careful since the plastic portion had already wallowed out the hole and used a screw driver end to twist the key portion inside the channel instead of twisting the light. It will probably just strip out if I ever have to try and remove it.

On the 9006 Fogs, the orientation is correct with the cord at the base. The first fog light I tried already was loose and the dang screw had already been stripped out of the Aluminum body from the factory. I had to take it apart so I could epoxy the plastic key portion on and slip the set screw in. I went ahead and did it on the other one as well even though that didn’t come pre-stripped lol. On these I also had to use the factory O-Rings as the ones they came with were just too dang big also. On the one that had the set screw NOT pre-stripped, it came with the wrong plug end and was completely different than the others. I had to cut a lot of plastic off to get it to slide down enough, it doesn’t have clips that snap in, it just kind of pressure fitted and may come loose after time.

All in all I definitely had problems and were a challenge that I had to learn as I went that I would rather not have dealt with. Not happy half the time messing with them but I am pretty happy with the end result. I know they’re Chinese made and horrible QC but you get what you pay for lol. I am happy with the color, super nice white light. My stock dim lights seemed brighter, the highs were definitely brighter than the new LED’s. My highs had great distance, just pretty yellowish. It seems to be a good compromise and happy with the overall outcome now. Had them all in in for about a week now.

One tip for all that may save a few minutes is when you plug them in, make sure the + and - symbols are to the outside. Since they’re polarity sensitive they have to be plugged in the correct way. I know it’s 50/50 odds, but with my luck it was more like 10/90, I just couldn’t get it right at first haha. At least going in to the fog lights I knew which way to plug them in.
Attached Images
LED headlight replacement bulbs-9b5794b5-269c-4a66-8a00-130e4905ecf3-jpg  LED headlight replacement bulbs-07428f5e-cda2-4d96-92ac-2e0a5dd482b3-jpg  LED headlight replacement bulbs-bc4a3495-61be-49b1-9cee-84123d74d6d1-jpg  LED headlight replacement bulbs-f41844a2-200b-423d-a24d-fa37b64aba97-jpeg  LED headlight replacement bulbs-77e5d8c5-9311-4684-9101-76c73fcf54f3-jpg  LED headlight replacement bulbs-5af7385c-37b3-4318-b26a-806c995afb6a-jpg 
2008 Titanium Metallic 4WD 4Runner V6 SR5| Satoshi Grille mod|17x8 Level 8 MK6 wheels, 275/70/17" Falken Wildpeak tires| Front-Bilstein 5100's set at 0 with ToyTec branded Eibach silver springs and 1/2" ToyTec spacer driver side, 1/4" ToyTec spacer passenger|Front Diff. drop spacer kit|sway bar relocate kit| Rear-Fox 2.0Resi and ToyTec superflex black springs|Tyger Bull bar with LED's/Lund HX tube side steps
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited in Crystal White Pearl

Last edited by cwilliams563; 04-21-2020 at 03:24 AM.
cwilliams563 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote