Thread: SuperPro LCA
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 01:59 AM

joshik will become famous soon enough

joshik will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOff View Post
At first looking at these i was thinking... cool ideal. Off center bushing. More adjustable...may just confuse the alignment guys more.
After checking them out more it seems like they add camber, which is not ussually the problem, getting more caster seems to be the issue.
The more you lift the less caster you can get into the OEM system.
Less caster means more road way input...ruts/cross winds.
More caster it tracks straighter with less driver input.
Is there such thing as too much caster? I was able to get 4.7 and 4.9 caster with JBA High Caster UCA and stock LCA. My alignment paper says "Specified Range" is 2.5-4.0. I'm running bilstein 6112s at max height so that's roughly 2.5" lift?

It's taking sometime getting used to my new caster settings. I have to give more effort to correct any cross wind or wide curves on the highway.

I'm probably going to need new LCA someday. I'm on my stock ones at 250k. The alignment tech said the bushings are stiff and starting to crack but there is no unwanted movement yet in the LCA.

91 Ext Cab 4x4 Yota, black with 4" front IFS trailmaster lift, 3" Downey rear springs, Downey Rubicon extended shackles, and 2" body lift. 35" BFG M/T w/ 4.56. Centerforce II clutch, Rancho 5000s all around and Rancho traction bar, K&N Air filter, Flowmaster, ARB Rear Diff Air Locker, Custom "Mad Eyes" light covers, Extended Diff Breathers, Hella Vision Plus Headlights. [SOLD]
joshik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote