Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 12:17 PM

bokehshooter is on a distinguished road

bokehshooter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowYeti View Post
Assembled mine yesterday and made a few mods. Though I will be calling Victory for the new front bracket, that will eliminate my only concern. Thanks Victory for never stopping product development.

First I have S2 lights as scene lights on the Rhino rack this is replacing. Coming up with a good clean solution on the new rack proved challenging. The side rails have cutouts, but it was a Goldie Locks issue. The front was to big to use a Baja flush mount and the one back from it was to small. So I designed a transition part to use the flush mount and allow mounting holes. The part has nut pockets on back for the Baja hardware. Had them 3D printed then I painted them to prevent delaminate issues with water and freezing temps.

Next up was aerodynamics. I designed an aluminum fairing extension to direct wind over my brick RTT. I did a similar version for my Rhino that went from the roof and above the rack. Made a HUGE difference in wind noise and increased my highway gas milage average my 3 mpg! Those channels can make a lot of noise. Plus in the winter it will direct wind and crude over our skis. The design is the same thickness as the Victory. Is locks in above the racks fairing nuts and interlocks with the brake bend of the Victory fairing. It is fully supported with no hardware. Then 2 M8 SS powder coated BHCS on either end. Now it just needs powder coating. Gave it a little Victory design language on the top corners.

Rhino Pioneer full length with custom front support feet and fairing will be going up for sale BTW. Doesn’t work with my new RTT
Your design for the flush mounted S2's looks great! Sent you a PM
bokehshooter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote