Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 05:55 PM

seth401 is on a distinguished road

seth401 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundy View Post
Sounds like the cheapest option might be to keep a bottle of dramamine in the 4Runner for her

On a more serious note - expanding on Jetboy's comment, I would also test drive a 4Runner with KDSS. I wanted KDSS specifically to stiffen up the truck at higher speeds as my girlfriend gets motion sickness rather easy and I was used to driving a full size pickup with much less body roll.

It might not be feasible to sell/change to a vehicle with KDSS, but you could see if the 4Runner is something that can be considered for you two moving forward, or if the KDSS makes a significant enough change where you want to upgrade.

Either way, I just install my suspension about 200 miles ago and it has less body roll/nose diving lifted than it did factory w/KDSS. The ride is a little firmer but very comfortable.

I did upgrade the UCA's to get additional caster which helps reduce the touchiness of the steering and makes it feel a bit more stable at high speeds. Another thing you might want to try - can get Freedom Offroad UCA's for a great price - I'm personally quite impressed with them.
I have 5100's on all 4 corners and dobinson springs in the back. I don't have much body roll(nothing like stock) so it might be rear springs would help
seth401 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote