Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 08:00 AM

Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about

Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about Sundy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
Dobinsons have come up a bit in my search, and seem like a good alternative. I have read lots of good things about this setup. how is it on-road going over bumps or pot holes? or corrugated roads if you have done those in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
why not look at the new dobinson offerings?

they use standard rubber bushings as well instead of spherical bearings (which are part of the main cause for the rebuild windows on fox/king/icon/etc)
This is part of what got me to step up to the IMS from the standard Dobinsons route (also the pricing is nice and Dobinsons had a great promo when I ordered) - granted with the quarantine going on I haven't had a chance to push it too much (about 10 miles on Mt. Herman Rd) but in that time I was impressed! The on road ride has become quite nice (firmer than factory, but not harsh in any way). There is ZERO noise difference compared to stock, I'm hopeful with the OEM style bushings there is no need to rebuild for a long time (I put on 25-30K a year).

I also have KDSS, and the install was actually pretty easy! If you're not in a big rush you can hop in my rig sometime (I'm in C Springs/Monument and work just off 470/25) once I'm working back in the office or if you're ever in this area.

To answer your question about on-road behavior, compared to the stock 4Runner TRD Offroad suspension, it eats up potholes and bumps. It's not gliding across stuff like your grandmas Buick, but it's quite comfortable and not jarring compared to the OEM setup. Washboard gravel roads are great, no vibration in the steering wheel and I just want to drive faster.

Last edited by Sundy; 04-23-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Sundy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote