Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 02:00 PM

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkfinn View Post
That info was correct at one point. JBA now uses their own ball joint, which is the one that has the iffy boot we are all talking about.

I believe Marlin is trying to indicate that his joint is compatible with those other parts/fitments. These arms used to be offered with the Moog joint, before they developed their own in-house design with higher articulation, there were even pics comparing Uniball, Moog/standard, and then the new JBA part when it first launched, not sure where they went now. Rest assured, the part on your truck is unique to JBA.
Yeah, for ultimate clarity: Their ball joint is compatible with 3/4 ton GM, but it is not an off-the-shelf GM 3/4 ton. It appears these are machined in house or at least designed in house. This has been the case for quite a while. I got my JBAs at least 2 years ago and have the JBA-made joint, but mine arms are painted instead of cerakote. I also have an ill-fitting boot fwiw.

You could buy a JBA ball joint and put it on your 3/4 ton GM truck, and you can buy a 3/4 ton GM compatible ball joint to put on your JBA UCA as a trail fix, etc.

It appears that they also use this same boot and joint on all their UCAs, which may be the reason for the slightly imperfect boot fit. The thickness of the knuckle mount may be different between Tundras, Tacomas, Wranglers, etc.. Our 4Runners look to be slightly beyond the tolerances for just one set of washers.
doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote