Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: It's Coming
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 02:12 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieRoe View Post
Has anyone entertained the idea or possibility that a PRIME edition could be in the works? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if indeed a hybrid version seems to be in the cards (I'm fine with that). The soon to be released (if not already) PRIME RAV4 just makes my mouth water............. nevermind the long term ownership costs/maintenance (replacement battery, tranny, etc etc).
I really hope there is a prime version. Lots of potential. Power your camp with the battery. Use the generator for more power at camp. Deep water crossing? no problem. Run on EV only.

Whenever pricing on the RAV4 Prime comes out it'll determine whether it's going to be on the short list for my wife's new car if they don't have a RX prime version soon. It checks all my boxes for a commuter/road tripper/family SUV. 303hp. Mostly EV driving locally. 700 mile highway range. I don't think that's likely in a 4Runner unless the samsung/toyota battery program actually turns into a commercial option quickly with the solid state batteries they claim to have developed. Supposedly they're 9.5 times as energy dense as the current lithium battery packs. So the same physical size/weight battery in a Prius Prime would be closer to 100kwh. That makes a 4Runner Prime not only possible, but very realistic. I think 30-40 miles of EV range will require about 25kwh of battery. That's a pretty big package to fit well in a 4Runner.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote