Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 12:51 PM

Rack has a spectacular aura about Rack has a spectacular aura about

Rack has a spectacular aura about Rack has a spectacular aura about
Lefty,
You stated " I Do all on Road commuting" so I take it this is your only vehicle.
You might want to think about buying an inexpensive commuter car to do you daily driving and keep your 4X4 for the weekends.
This way you save on wear and tear, oil changes, tires, and GAS.
A inexpensive commuter cost less to maintain, less gas.
Insurance companies give discounts on multi vehicles and one driver.
Now you will not have to worry about rebuilding your suspension as often, new tires, oil changes ect.
I learned a long time ago "If you uses your commuter vehicle to off road on the weekends you will be calling in sick on Monday and going to work on Tuesday in a rental car".
I learned the hard way. since then I have always had a grocery runner to do the daily drives and kept the 4x4 for the weekends.
What you save in maintenance and gas will pay for the second car. as long as you don't over buy.
I bought a used Datsun and the difference in gas and maintenance between the two paid for itself in no time.
The only problem with all this is you won't look as COOL.