View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 01:53 PM

JSparky is a jewel in the rough JSparky is a jewel in the rough JSparky is a jewel in the rough

JSparky is a jewel in the rough JSparky is a jewel in the rough JSparky is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
I appreciate the advice. All good points.
I have the base model GX, I purposely chose not to get the air suspension knowing this was coming. the stock KDSS is fine for on-road but as soon as I leave the pavement I am ready to ditch it.

I am aware of the big bumpers and angles, the type of roads I go on this is not a real huge concern. I thought back to all of the roads I did in my previous car which was a 4th gen 4R with OME 3" and 33" tires. I have already done some of those same roads in this car and the ones I haven't done yet I wont have any issues with the approach angle only the clearance. These are the kind of roads I do:

I have the ability to do the work myself. I am mechanical and have done many other changes to this and my 4R myself. Its not a matter of if I am able to, more of a CYA. The labor costs are high, but piece of mind of the install and warranty. If I ran in to a roadblock doing it myself I would be in a bind figuring it out. The cost I am more interested in is the cost I will have to service the Icons or the BP-51.

I spent more time today reading about other peoples reviews on other suspensions for the GX and it still keeps me wanting to go this route, once I understand the extra costs
Peace of mind would have me doing it myself haha. If you’re in Colorado take it to Slee Off-road (I think I saw you were in CO?), top tier shop and everything will be done right.

A lot of gx’s have XREAS, so there’ll be some time involved taking that out, adding to install prices.

Any aftermarket rebuildable shock will require service at some point.. check customer service reports to see how people feel. In my experience, Radflo and ADS have been easy to work with. Radflo was more “take a number get in line”... ADS you call and can talk to the builders to dial things in. Fox was not good, you only ever talked to sales people. Dobinsons is big on here and for good reason too, fantastic support.

If it were me, I’d invest in a company who will work for/with you. Good luck, I wanna see your lifted GX!

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...-jr-build.html
http://www.overlandcookery.com
http://www.schaubphoto.com
JSparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote