Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 07:57 AM

tx_shooter will become famous soon enough

tx_shooter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWccw View Post
I want to do the dual battery tray set up but Im having a problem deciding on what battery to get. I want to do an ultracap bank with a SLA battery hybrid with a small flexi solarpanel on the hood for the starting battery. Any reason Id need a bigger full size battery? My thinking is reduce the size of the starting battery and in turn get a much bigger secondary battery.
I know what you are chasing. I have a stock size starting battery and a trolling motor for my secondary battery. I get ~20 hours of fridge life with a large Dometic fridge and other accessories off and on. The trolling motor was an easy setup and is charged through a controller so when the motor is on the trolling motor gets charged.

Risking getting stuck in the back country with a battery that cannot start the rig is a real issue if you go too small. I would run the trolling motor secondary. They are purpose built for deep cycle and lots of amp hours.
tx_shooter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote