Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 03:49 PM

KingPrat will become famous soon enough

KingPrat will become famous soon enough
SOLD: 3rd Gen 2000 4Runner SR5 Sport - 235kmi - Catskill, NY - $3000

With the paperwork processing on the 2017 I just bought, I figured I'd post here first that I'm selling my 3rd Gen.

It's a 2000 SR5 Sport with 235k miles. Has had frame repair.

I've put a ton of money into getting this thing back up and going, but the price was right on the 2017 and it was time.

My thread can be found here with pictures and back stories: Thread

The Good:

195k miles: Head gasket replaced - heads were machined as well. Timing belt done at that time.
200k miles: Shocks and springs on all 4 corners - KYB Gas-a-Just and Moog springs.
203k: Front pads and rotors
210k: New starter contacts
212k: Gas tank and filler neck replaced
222k: New tires: Cooper Discoverer AT3
230k: New battery and terminals

I've replaced the head unit with a JVC unit with Bluetooth.
LED backlights in dash
Has a matching spare 5-star wheel, tire on it is old.
New muffler and tailpipe. O2 sensors replaced as well. Probably around 200k

The bad:

It has had the passenger side frame repaired. Typical 3rd gen control arm rust, before pictures are in the linked thread. It is currently my daily driver and I've had no issues with it.
Has an oil leak - mechanic says it's camshaft seal - was on the list for the next TB change. I keep up on the oil lost.
Has some rust forming on the rocker panels under the rear doors. Has some perforation on the passenger side.
Paint on hood is faded.
AC doesn't work. I think there's a leak somewhere.

I've kept up on regular maintenance and do my best to improve things as they go. It has been reliable for me, the repairs I did were catching up on a ton of deferred maintenance and rust mitigation.

Gas mileage is consistent at around 18-19 in nicer weather.

It's raining pretty good here today, so I will post more photos tomorrow. You can find photos and more info in the thread I listed above. I'll have access to a lift and will post photos of the frame etc when I get the chance. I apparently haven't taken too many photos of it since I bought my house.....

IMG_1480 by Brian Praetorius, on Flickr

Asking $3000, price is negotiable.

Previous - "TRex" - 2004 Sport Edition V8. 2000 SR5 Sport

Last edited by KingPrat; 01-05-2021 at 11:24 AM.
KingPrat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote