View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 10:16 AM

HighDesert4Banger is on a distinguished road

HighDesert4Banger is on a distinguished road
HD4B's New Mexico Pearls

Hi, fellas, wanted to show the new addition to the family on day 1; 1999 Sr5 5sp 4wd, bone stock, Sunfire Red Pearl, just like my 4cyl.
Upon getting her home from CO, she has 160,500 original, one owner, lady miles, but handy husband upkeep. Kept real sweet inside and out, paint is perfect, much less sun damage than the 98', all the electronics work perfectly, brakes new and much better than the 4, and the engine feels quite good, zooming up the passes on the way home. Quite a difference from the physical strain I feel willing my 4banger up the same hills, basically with just hope and impatience. A/C, cruise control, moonroof all are things I have to get used to again, beside not stressing. Gearing is somewhere between 3.9 and 4.10, no locker either. Newish Hankooks on her.
As soon as I got her home, I took the 4cyl out to compare. Man is it solid, handles awesome with the SPCs and Icons, all new LBJs, UBJs, tie rods etc, I've put in over the last two years. And the 3rz engine with headers and exhaust is like an angry bee compared to the nonchalant but definitely stronger 5vz. I am not unproud of her; bought at 141k, now 178k and is 10 times better than when purchased, just a baby.

Anyway, gotta do a few things; valve covers to start, but she's a really good canvas. Here they are yesterday, just meeting. Since this will be a dual build/upkeep thread, I'll do a little retrospective of the 4banger next.

Lemme know what yas think;)
Attached Images
HD4B's New Mexico Pearls-new-mexico-sunfires-jpg  HD4B's New Mexico Pearls-new-pearl-jpg  HD4B's New Mexico Pearls-two-pearls-jpg  HD4B's New Mexico Pearls-98-base-2-7-99-sr5-3-4-jpg 
HighDesert4Banger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote