Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 10:43 PM

SmithRunner20 is on a distinguished road

SmithRunner20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddbeard View Post
I replaced the front lower valance (replaced silver with black) yesterday without removing the bumper. It wasn't too bad, and only took about an hour. The key was to remove the plastic cover where a skid plate would go underneath, then I was able to reach all of the clips and remove them with the bumper in place. It also helped to have the new Valance on-hand so I could see where the clips are on it, and count them. Made it alot easier to blindly feel around and remove those clips.

I'll be replacing the back valance this week, which after researching alot looks like it'll require bumper removal. Wish me luck. I'm a little nervous about taking the whole bumper off a new vehicle but I'm doing it because I don't like the look of the silver valance on my all blacked out 4Runner.
Good luck. You should've removed the front. Neither are terribly difficult, but front was a good confidence builder for the rear. Rear just seemed to be needier to me. Didn't enjoy it nearly as much

2020 TRD Off-Road Premium
Barcelona Red Metallic