Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 10:57 AM

HighDesert4Banger is on a distinguished road

HighDesert4Banger is on a distinguished road
Hey, fellas, thanks for the gander.

@jgue467 - Ah, I remember reading up on your runner;) The 4 and 6 are two different animals entirely, especially when one's modded and the other's stock. I love the 4, feels super solid and if you don't count hills at my altitude - instant buzzkill - is a mean little basta#$;) I would NOT want one without the 5sp unless supercharged, and even then...

@mesooohoppy - Thanks, man, one is already an expensive habit, we'll see if I can really afford two;) I'm def stubborn enough...

@NegroTundra - Thanks, bro, it's a perfect canvas that doesn't have the scarily impeccable leather interior of a black one I was looking at that I would kill within 10k;) Really hard to choose between two one owner 5sps, but in the end I thought the leather one would have been better for my 80 year old Maw. I will have to do timing belt and water pump on this one within 2 years. The other was done recently.

First mod to the 99, taking off the running boards, and first maintenance, doing the weepy valve cover gasket. 2nd mod, exhaust - instant gratification. Then, SS lift and new wheels and tires. Might take a couple of months, heh.

Meanwhile, I've been noticing little differences between the 98' base and the 99' SR5, like how the 98's 4runner tag on the back is over the license plate and on the 99 is on the door to the left. Also, the door handles and side mirrors are black on the 98' and SP red on the 99', and the 99' has a chrome thing going on - grill, wheels, bumpers where the 99 had its cool second gray tone. It's subtle, but one's shiny and one's dark, and I think that's how I'll go buildwise. Saw some very nice 33" Duratracs and 17" trail wheels that I might get for the new girl if I can get the dude down a bit from his price, or might be better off getting the wheels cheap and then new tires. The suspension is lady soft at the moment, can't wait to lift and stiffen her a bit. Dat's da news
HighDesert4Banger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote