View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 03:22 PM

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about

cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about cwilliams563 has a spectacular aura about
Good information Flash, thank you. i will look into the torque app. I don’t have a JBL system. I’m just used to a DVD player and have lots of DVD’s, that we like to take camping and have with no computer to make a bunch of digital files for them. I’d rather have it and not need it. The Sony I listed seems to have everything I need for only $399.00 and includes a Sirius XM Tuner and antenna. I figured I’d save like $75 alone from the included tuner and antenna which is why I was in a hurry to get this one. I’ve since purchased an xm tuner and antenna since starting this thread and will install it in mine and a back up camera for the interim.

While I have it out I’ll see if I can identify what type of hook up there is for the steering wheel remote harness. That is a great idea about getting another Kenwood and hopefully having the same harness. The one other feature I’d prefer is having a volume knob on it too. Looking at another Kenwood as well as others’, they don’t seem to save much if any money going w/o a DVD player vs. the Sony. I saw one Kenwood model at Crutchfield that was less than this Sony. Some odd named HU’s were pretty inexpensive, but those Kenwood’s sure have some high dollar expensive units lol. I’m sure they’re not but more than I need haha.

My question I’d hoped someone could answer is what all will the iDatalink display for an 08. Was hoping someone with a similar year had installed one. The closest info I could find was in the radio upgrade section where one guy with an 06 (Maybe) had installed one with the datalink and said his didn’t show a numerical value for the psi for the tpms since the sensors didn’t send that info. Just curious on that stuff as it would be nice to have but far from necessary. Would hate to spend the money on the Maestro and iDatalink and not really benefit me.
2008 Titanium Metallic 4WD 4Runner V6 SR5| Satoshi Grille mod|17x8 Level 8 MK6 wheels, 275/70/17" Falken Wildpeak tires| Front-Bilstein 5100's set at 0 with ToyTec branded Eibach silver springs and 1/2" ToyTec spacer driver side, 1/4" ToyTec spacer passenger|Front Diff. drop spacer kit|sway bar relocate kit| Rear-Fox 2.0Resi and ToyTec superflex black springs|Tyger Bull bar with LED's/Lund HX tube side steps
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited in Crystal White Pearl

Last edited by cwilliams563; 05-14-2020 at 03:32 PM.
cwilliams563 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote