Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 10:00 AM

paddy1337 is on a distinguished road

paddy1337 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Craig View Post
So has anyone used these offroad? I'm in the market for sliders right now and have been thinking about going either RCI or Arctec. Greenlane is a really interesting option due to the Al construction however. Saving 50 plus pounds of weight is super tempting.

I love the weight savings of aluminum gear considering that I see this stuff more as an insurance policy if I get in a bit over my head. I've found with good tire placement and a spotter that you generally are not going to use sliders a ton unless you're in difficult terrain and deliberately going after big ledges and boulder fields and what not... Maybe in a few years when my truck isn't as new, but right now would rather not...

Jacking is probably the one concern, but I see that probably only as an emergency thing if I have to do a tire change in a dicey situation.
Thanks for pointing out the Artec stuff, I haven't seen those before. Their photos on the site are terrible. I'm going to have to search to forum, here. They just jumped way up on my list, because I have a limited and these look like they completely replace the side skirt. Normally, a limited owner has to purchase TE trim ($$) or hack up the stock trim. If they replace the side skirt and serve as a step, they are looking perfect for me.

I love aluminum, like you. Weight is big, but I also hate rust