Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 10:20 AM

Old No7 is on a distinguished road

Old No7 is on a distinguished road
I just joined here so I could share my experience with this kit...

It worked GREAT after I completed the install, although that was HELL AT TIMES running wires like others had mentioned. I cut my finger to the bone when running wires and one of the connectors got caught and broke off from my fishing cord; so had to manually hook up the wires for one side of the lift.

I also did it on my wife's 2019 Limited and the fuse box is under the hood, not at the dash, so I had to extend one wire lead and punch a hole through the firewall to reach the fuses to get power.

Anyway, it worked great for ~2.5 months once I did the install, and my wife LOVED it.

And then we found out the rear window would only go down 2" and get caught in one of the cables -- I figured I'd fix that this spring once it got warmer.

BUT THEN.................

The other day it only started going up maybe halfway... Another press would take it up some more, then a little more -- then the next button press would start it down, sometimes coming all the way down, but more often coming down in several stages just like it went up...

AAAARRGH....................

It does seem to lock OK (and beep once) when it does finally come back down (or we carefully push it down) but we are NOT happy this started failing so soon.........

I've emailed Autoease, but so far -- NO REPLY -- maybe they're still shutdown, but gee, somebody ought to be checking and replying to messages...

I don't know if it's related to water or moisture getting into the control box or a loose wire somewhere, but I was hoping they could tell me which plug/wire or connection to check first. Or else I'll have to retrace my steps and check everything.

I'll keep this updated once I have more info.....................

Old No7