View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 05:53 PM

00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice

00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice 00Sebby is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
If that were the case each manufacturer wouldn't have dozens of models aimed at niche lifestyles and we'd be driving small car, bigger car, van, or truck like in the East Bloc.
If you look at the top 50% of US auto sales for 2019, you basically have pickup trucks, crossovers, sedans, SUVs (not body on frame), and Ford Transit van. I only looked at the top 50% because of time. The only two niche vehicles in the 30 models that make up the top 50% of sales are the Jeep Wrangler (#17, and which we know most buy for style over substance based on those who actually take them off-road and know very little about what they are getting into) and Tesla Model 3 (#26, and which I believe has a mostly-informed buyer base). Maybe 95% was being too harsh but I still believe the vast majority of vehicles are bought based on the more superficial criteria I mentioned (which included looks and color). "It looks like it could go off road and it's red... I'll take it!"
Attached Images
Popular Mechanics Article-screen-shot-2020-05-20-5-51-53-pm-jpg 
Former: 2010 TE Silver w/ C4 Fab Rock Sliders, TRD skid plate, ECGS bushing upgrade, Bilstein 5100s, and BFG AT KO2 tires.
00Sebby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote