Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 12:10 AM

Christmas is on a distinguished road

Christmas is on a distinguished road
I'm struggling with this same conundrum!

2007 V6 RWD Limited with 102k miles vs 2008 v6 RWD Sport with 114k. IDENTICAL price.

The 2007 is a 1 owner vehicle with 42 service history records, no damage or accidents. Unfortunately, I don't see water pump replacement or anything "big" in the service records. Just fluid changes and battery swaps. The tint is peeling off one of the windows, but other than that it looks great.

The 2008 looks super clean too. 3 owners, but no accidents. I haven't seen it in person yet (going first thing in the AM).

I'm super torn. I love the stance on the Sport, and that it's a year newer, but the 2007 has lower miles.

This thread is pretty old. Any issues pop up between these two years/trims that might make my decision easier?

EDIT:
Putting in the VIN on the Toyota owner page brought this up for the 2007 Limited (last entries before it went to auction):
3/12/2020

CK ENG LT ON

CK ENG LT ON~|~THE CUSTOMER STATES THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON-ADVISE PERFORM COMPUTER DIAGNOSIS AND HEALTH CHECK. IN SOME CASES THE ENGINE LIGHT CAN COME BACK ON AFTER A REPAIR IS COMPLETE DUE TO POTENTIAL IMPROPER READINGS FROM FAILED PART.~|~ ~|~DRIVABILITY DIAGNOSIS ALL

Customer Pay23/12/2020

GENERAL REPAIR

GENERAL REPAIR~|~VEHICLE IS SOUNDING UNUSUAL AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON. VEHICLE SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS DRIVING A TRUCK~|~REAR DIFF NEEDS TO BE R@R~|~CUSTOMER DECLINED WORK

Last edited by Christmas; 05-22-2020 at 12:55 AM.
Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote