Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 04:02 PM

Location: north east of Fairbank out there in the frontiers Alaska
3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold

Location: north east of Fairbank out there in the frontiers Alaska
3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold 3bears is a splendid one to behold
you will be fine without a big bumper..when I lived in the lower 48 I would see jacked up big armor snorkel trucks that rarely left the mall. Sometimes 2wd...chuckle...sorry.
Yes the ARB is the only one I know of that is air bag compatible and they have mounting systems that will deform b4 the frame does...just look at the ARB for a 3rd gen or a taco. ARB 3423020 if I remember # correct
Some people need the different bumper design for approach angles. Some need it for mounting a winch...or some for some protection. And yes...some to look "cool"
For me...hitting a deer is no problem considering my main animal to jump in front of me is a moose...in that case..a big bumper helps deflect away...but in a big head on your frame is gonna be toast no matter if a stock bumper or a big bumper. In lots of cases...the moose ends up on the side of the road...or in your lap ( they stand taller than many hoods).
Bull bars that mount to stock bumpers are known as damage multipliers...those will fold on low impact and take out your radiator etc...but they look cool to some.
All that said, I prefer the iines of a stock bumper, even the fat lip

my 2cents
2000 SR-5 Highlander version 4:30's, factory locker , green, bought 6/21
2001 SR-5... bought 11/20..sold 6/21....
2000 SR-5 moded, lifted, e locker, other cool stuff, totaled 10/20

Last edited by 3bears; 05-22-2020 at 04:06 PM.
3bears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote