View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:27 PM

WeakSauz has a spectacular aura about WeakSauz has a spectacular aura about WeakSauz has a spectacular aura about

WeakSauz has a spectacular aura about WeakSauz has a spectacular aura about WeakSauz has a spectacular aura about
Can't get front brake bleed screw to stop seeping fluid

Hi all,
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get one of my front bleeder screws to stop leaking from the threads!

I'll try to make this clear and step-by-step:

I am running 199mm 01-02 Tundra calipers up front, which have a 1.0x10mm thread pitch brake bleed screw.

I just put some Stoptech SS lines up front, and an extended Toytec line in the rear.

I did a full brake fluid flush with OEM Toyota Dot fluid.

I did a full bleed, and the pedal feel is now excellent.

I crawled back under after riding around some, and noticed my front passenger bleeder screw had a stream of brake fluid coming out of the threads. I cranked down on it with a proper flare nut wrench, and it didnt help the leaking at all. I probably tightened it way too much to be honest.

No fix.

Went to the auto parts store and got a new bleeder screw--- Didnt fix it

Wondering what the heck to do now. Really not wanting to get a new caliper if I can help it Hoping the bleeder seat isnt screwed up? How could I tell if it is?

Thanks!

Forged and Cammed 1UZ Single Turbo, Standalone ECU + Built R150 in process. Why, you ask? Because it makes no sense in this platform, and I love it!
WeakSauz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote