Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 03:23 PM

Arild is on a distinguished road

Arild is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtvt View Post
Nice work and nice truck! Might consider putting a rubber boot over your positive battery terminal.
Yes, it's true. It's one of those simple but important things i have to do. Like many other small stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtvt View Post
Also check behind the bumper on you rear quarters if you haven't, that's usually the first area to rust but impossible to spot without pulling the bumper corners.
Check

*i have to do something about that exhaust-pipe...

That is the last rust-spot on the entire vehicle.
The rear bumper was removed 7 weeks ago because i wanted to install one with a swignout arm but then some virus happend... I'm driving without a bumper ever since... If all goes well, i get the new bumper next week. (fingers crossed)

We (a few friends and i) actually just use WD40 and spray the entire underbody with it twice a year. Just before and after the winter. And we use alot of it. We literally take a shower of WD40 while standing under the car wearing dust-masks. Our government-officials at car-centra don't like permanent undercoutings because they can't see what's underneath. And i don't like it either because they start hammering your chassis all over the place

The inside of the rear fenders can be reached by removing the small cargo-panel/box. I modified them so i can take them out without removing the entire sidepanels.

I read your post and i'm now converting it to the metric system The inside of the doorpanels is something i'm also afraid of. There are two small draining holes at the bottom that i use to apply WD40 but i feel i might use something more permanent there.

Last edited by Arild; 05-24-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Arild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote