View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:18 PM

da_crew10 is on a distinguished road

da_crew10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZEE2000TR4LTD View Post
Read this;

3rd Gen 4Runner Lift Information and FAQ's

There are no rear springs between those. You could put 906s on and put a small spacer in there. I have 890s I like the little bit of rake and the spring rate is less than the 906s so they're a little softer and when there's weight in the back it stays level. You may want to consider saying closer to 2" of lift because as you approach 3" you start needing to level your panhard bar, and will need extended bumpstops and extended swaybar links. I thought when I did my lift I wouldn't need those but for me, I wanted a better ride and all these things really helped.

Okay I think I'm going to go with 906's. Thanks for your advice my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaturnV View Post
D-C has called it. Once you take apart a 20 year old suspension your budget is likely to go out the window. Unless you like doing jobs twice, now is the time to get things right. I kept the lid down on my suspension refurbish and was still in for about $1200 in parts for my 2000 LTD.

Moog UBJs
OEM LBJs ($108 amazon)
Control arm bushings
5100 shocks
Moog springs
Rubber spacer in the rear to bring it level
Inner/Outer tie rods
Strut Mounts

This equated to about a 2" lift, maybe a tad under, which resulted in just after a few months driving both front inner boots split open and dumped their grease. So you can add roughly $120 to that for a new boot kit.

It was all worth doing.

Oh trust me I am 1000 in. 200 more for the springs here in a minute so make that 1200.

I so far since purchasing the rig on Friday have ordered
Front brake pads (monroe ceramic)and rotors (brembo)
Denso spark plus
Denso wires
Denso air filter
Wix fuel filter
Moog inner and outers plus rack boots
Oem LBJ
5100s front and rear.

I had a 4k cash budget for a dad mobile do these purchases make it nice knowing my rig will be reliable for years to come ����. Only had eyes set on a 4x4 3rd gen 4runner because of my love for my tacoma. Got nine for 2600 with 253k miles with paperwork for a recent timing vent water pump and tensioner pully about 6k miles ago! ��

Last edited by da_crew10; 05-27-2020 at 12:20 PM.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote