View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:41 AM

MarkamisPrime will become famous soon enough MarkamisPrime will become famous soon enough

MarkamisPrime will become famous soon enough MarkamisPrime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZiggy View Post
Having wheeled with a lot of rear-locker-only folks I can say that having a front locker (even a limited slip like I have) makes a big difference.

The Detroit TrueTrac adds a bit of steering load when in 4WD but not much. It's a great compromise if you don't really need a full locker up front for rock crawling.

Heeey what’s up. I didn’t know you had limited slip up front. I’m just exploring my options and wondering what else I would have to do along with installing something up front.
Do you have manual hubs also?
Do you have to have manual hubs when you install a zip locker or lsd?
And I do rock crawl that’s why I am exploring this option.
My cousin and I installed an Aussie locker on another rig and when that did drive on the road I honestly couldn’t tell the difference in road manners. But it was in the rear axle on that one.
I saw a video of someone installing it on his 3rd gen and in his comment section he stated that it did bind and cause major understeer in 4wd.?
Maybe he installed it wrong idk. He also had manual hubs and honestly as much as I know what the benefits of having manual hubs I really like not having to get out of the truck to engage 4wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeastlives View Post
It really depends on what you are going to do with your rig. For example, I had vehicles that had full lockers front and rear and used arb because they were rock crawlers and locking up the front was only required in specific situations. They were super functional and always worked well both front and rear and the air compressor worked with my tools and pumping the tires up. I think most people never need a front locker or even a rear locker under most 4wd situations but if you do better to get a locker you can turn on and off with a switch. Even my high powered desert can am x3 has front locker I can turn on and off. U don't want to have to deal with steering issues when you engage your front locker when u are just on mild trails.

Look just how capable 4 runners are with just rear lockers..

I understand what you are saying
My rig does already have the rear elocker and is very capable. I definitely use it but only when I need to
And that’s what is kind of holding me back from just getting a Aussie locker and installing it upfront. How much more stress is it for the front axles, with them already kinda being a weak point?
Especially with the locker technically on at all times.
1.25 spidertrax coming soon
MarkamisPrime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote