Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 10:49 AM

GuySmiley is on a distinguished road

GuySmiley is on a distinguished road
Depends on if it's a "windfall" level win or "generational wealth" win...

Former? I'd just pay off all my debts, purchase vehicles, finish house projects, plan a nice vacation. Dump a prudent sum into long term investments minimizing tax burden since I'd already have paid a ton for the stupid lump sum... definitely would build a wicked 4Runner(and maybe get a Porsche for track days...).

For the latter? I'd up and disappear for a few months at least, just to weather the storm of bullshit fake friends and extended family drama.

Burner phones only. Social media turned off. Sabbatical from (or quit) work for both my wife and myself. Pay a contractor friend to finish my house projects, sell it.

While flying under the radar we'd probably be traveling across the US, looking for where we'd like to settle down long term, since its NOT in metro Detroit... Tennessee, Texas or Wyoming are far more likely, to name a few. Find a nice piece of property with good views and start designing our fortress of solitude (I'm an Architect). Someplace with elbow room. 100+ acres where I can't see the neighbors.

Probably would also charter a decent size yacht in the Med for a month or three. Order a yacht, fast cruising catamaran most likely. Google Gunboat 68... Travel a LOT while the house and yacht are under construction.

By this time philanthropy can be planned. Pay off extended family members student loans, set up a trust for future family scholarships with tight GPA requirements. Make a silly donation to my alma mater that gets my name on something dumb, like a bathroom, just to stick it to the faculty that didn't like me.

Work for fun from that point on, maybe get into development. Spend seasons at the Fortress of Solitude or cruising the world, weather and obligations depending.
GuySmiley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote