Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 12:52 PM

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about

Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about Thebeastlives has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkamisPrime View Post
Heeey what’s up. I didn’t know you had limited slip up front. I’m just exploring my options and wondering what else I would have to do along with installing something up front.
Do you have manual hubs also?
Do you have to have manual hubs when you install a zip locker or lsd?
And I do rock crawl that’s why I am exploring this option.
My cousin and I installed an Aussie locker on another rig and when that did drive on the road I honestly couldn’t tell the difference in road manners. But it was in the rear axle on that one.
I saw a video of someone installing it on his 3rd gen and in his comment section he stated that it did bind and cause major understeer in 4wd.?
Maybe he installed it wrong idk. He also had manual hubs and honestly as much as I know what the benefits of having manual hubs I really like not having to get out of the truck to engage 4wd.

I understand what you are saying
My rig does already have the rear elocker and is very capable. I definitely use it but only when I need to
And that’s what is kind of holding me back from just getting a Aussie locker and installing it upfront. How much more stress is it for the front axles, with them already kinda being a weak point?
Especially with the locker technically on at all times.
Well lockers in the front can put added stress on the cv and axles and cause them to fail under specific circumstances. Fixing a broken axle or cv on a trail is a pain but we have done it many of times. I've had guys break their front diff as well but stuff like this happens rock crawling so installing a front locker can possibly cause additional stress on your rig. Hey but offroading is always a game of getting stuck or fixing something that is broken. It comes down to do you want this thing to stay a DD or do you go 33", 35" tires, hub up front, lockers etc and jump into the world of rock crawling. Or do you find a happy balance in between that you can live with and use good recovery equipment instead.
Thebeastlives is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote