Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 03:54 PM

t0y0ta4R is on a distinguished road

t0y0ta4R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcat707 View Post
I can speak for both as I have owned both. A 2015 Tundra DoubleCab with 6.5ft bed and a 2015 4Runner TRDP.

The reason I switched from the Tundra to a T4R at first was simply the size. The Tundra was always parked outside as it would not fit in my garage. 365 year round weather beating on it 24/7. Weather beating takes a toll on a vehicle. Paint oxidation, rubber seal, weather stripping deteriorate, rust issues, Etc.

Parking in tight spots was somewhat a chore. Just maneuvering in these crowded parking lots irritated me. As I mentioned in another thread, my Tundra got door dinged twice leaving very noticeable dents on my doors as it was so wide the idiots parked next to me didn’t have much space to get in their car they pushed their door edge onto mine.

For me, the seat was very uncomfortable. I needed a seat cushion for my ass. I have never needed a seat cushion for any of the numerous vehicles I have driven. YMMV.

Don’t get me wrong, the Tundra with its 6.5ft bed was great when I needed to tow and haul large and long stuff. And the V8 power along with the BA Performance Muffler was nice too. But how often will you tow and haul stuff? You have to ask yourself this question. Yes you can load up a T4R with stuff but would you want to drop soil, rocks, bricks, wood, etc. in the back?

As for the MPGs, I’m getting the same with my T4R after lifting it and slapping on 285/70/17 M/T tires. I average 14.5 to 15.5mpgs on both rigs. So this another YMMV subject.

So in short, get a Tundra if you need the towing capacity, truck bed, cabin room and V8 power. If you can do without those 4 things then a 5th gen T4R would be wise choice.
Agreed, it seems most never consider the harshness of their enviroment when parking a vehicle outside all year long. Although, the offroad variants on this forum probably are less concerned about that aspect. I also went with a Tacoma due to size and fit in my garage but that was 15 years ago. Everyone's situation is different but my goal is to pair a trailer with my future 4R purchase to make up for the loss of a bed. Good luck either way with your decision.
Accessories: All weather Floor Liners & Cargo Tray Package, Exhaust Tip Chrome and Mudguards.
t0y0ta4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote