Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 06:19 PM

UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about

UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about UnderFire has a spectacular aura about
At this point to me, the mileage is just a number. I keep and build the ones that are in the best cosmetic condition. At right around 260 and 270k and 18 and 23 years old respectively it's silly to think that there will be no mechanical issues in the near future, but overall the trucks are easy to work on and parts accessibility is still top notch. That's something that we may have to start worrying about in the near future.

Ignore modifications for a vehicle that you haven't got up to snuff mechanically. That means a lot of new parts and a lot of hours of fixing stuff that "ain't broken" my list is as follows for anything I intend to keep.

Fluids and filters
All accessible engine seals
Timing belt and water pump
Complete front suspension rebuild
New springs and shocks all around
All new brakes including hydraulics and potentially rubber lines
New radiator and in some cases fan clutch

Does it sound crazy? Yes to most people I'd assume. But it gives me actual confidence in my 23 year old 270k mile vehicle beyond some irrelevant reputation for reliability.

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk

The "shitmobile" 500$ 3RZ Auto 4Runner - (Saved from the Scrapyard: Resurrecting a 500$ 3rd Gen

02 Tacoma Double Cab, mid-travel, locked, armored, supercharged and riced. (Longbed and 5 speed in the works)
UnderFire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote