View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 08:38 AM

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser1clymb View Post
I think they've been fine, or I haven't noticed them bottoming out. I don't keep any weight in the back except for my spare tire and a small (5-7 pound) tool kit. I will freely admit that I'm not that experienced and there is a ton that I don't know and I could be screwing up my suspension. I've been considering something else in the back just because I want a better setup all-around. I've been considering some fox or kings.
Sorry which did you have again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiluxSurf SSR-G View Post
the OEM shocks for the rear of the LC80 are too long for the ome 890 coil springs. those springs only provide around 2" - 2.5" of lift (after sagging after a week's use). The LC80 or the bilsten 4th gen 5100 shocks are better matched for the LC80 coil springs or those with around 3.75" - 4.5" of lift.

For ome 890s, i would use the bilstein 5100 for 4Runners that are meant for 0" - 2" of lift.
See I thought the 890's were a "3 inch lift" set. I was thinking about getting the 4runner 5100s but I didn't want to top out the shocks so the time. Or will it be fine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselchessy View Post
I somewhat agree with the OP. I’m running tundra coils and billsteins up front and 890’s and tundra billsteins in the rear.

The ride is soft and the front feels controlled, but the back feels too soft and bouncy, a bit like the tail is wagging the dog.

I’ve got the spare and maybe 100# of gear in the back.
Oh do you have the trd coils? I have 880's and the ride is too stiff. I was probably going to swap to 3rd gen 5100s
jross20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote