View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 PM

umidkusername will become famous soon enough

umidkusername will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancart675 View Post
Hey everyone,

New to the forum and looking forward to hopefully having my hands on a new 4Runner soon. On that note, I have been doing a ton of research and know that the TRD Pro in Army Green is the one for me. I realize I am behind the curve but I am wanting to order one through a local dealer (one closest to me says they can still get them). Some of you may read this and wonder why I wouldn’t go find one sitting on a lot somewhere and that is a good question, but for many factors I won’t go into, timing is everything and the 45-60 days the dealer told me helps me on that timeline so I’m willing to wait.

I’ve recently read that there are some dealers across the nation that have knocked a few thousand dollars off TRD Pro’s sitting on their lot, likely due to reduced sales from COVID. I’m wondering if it is possible to negotiate a deal on a TRD Pro upfront knowing the dealer would need to order it? I’m not looking to drive a hard bargain here, I realize they are hurting and wouldn’t want to take advantage of that but if there was a way for it to be a win-win in that they get a guaranteed sale on a car that they will have zero holding costs on, whether asking for a deal upfront is reasonable.

Thoughts?

I see them knocking off some cost on the ones on the lots but not from an order.

I got one from the lot, midnight black with stupid little dots, and got stuff for free and it was marked down to 48k. Also got an extra 2k on my trade in. I robbed those jokers but they were desperate. My TRD Pro had 4 miles on it. Which gave me some anxiety because with a new engine you never know if something is breaking and hasn’t been long enough to notice.

But anyway, I would say you’re looking at better deals if you’re willing to travel to get it. Could also drive to a state with no sales tax to save a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
umidkusername is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote