View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 05:05 PM

davedadude is on a distinguished road

davedadude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreakgc View Post
You have a 2000 model year even though the build date says 99 (takes a while to ship it to a dealer in the US and then sell it). You do have a coil on plug design, the distributor based ignition systems were gone several years before.

To help diagnose your P0304 code, swap the coil pack with the one next to it. if the code moves and become a P0303, it's the coil pack. If it doesn't, replace the spark plugs (cheapest item on the list). If that doesn't solve it, look into cleaning or replacing the offending fuel injector. Those coil packs may not be the OEM part from 2000 but that doesn't mean they don't work. I believe the OEM unit for the 4 cylinders are DENSO coil packs but don't know for sure 100% since I don't own one.
Sure enough... Swapped coils from 4 to 1, got P0301. Had to go to dealer to help find my part# since this VIN comes back using plug wires, not coils. After a bit of digging, they helped me conclude that a coil from a 2004 Tacoma 2.7L will work, so looks like that's my engine.
davedadude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote