View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 01:14 PM

Dieselchessy has a spectacular aura about Dieselchessy has a spectacular aura about Dieselchessy has a spectacular aura about

Dieselchessy has a spectacular aura about Dieselchessy has a spectacular aura about Dieselchessy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFahrer View Post
Thanks for the detailed response!

Yeah I feel that I am very wary of others work as well, but in my price range (under 6K and preferably under 5k) I feel like most of what I'm seeing is either 185k with oil changes and nothing else done or 220k with some t-belt and ball joints etc.
If it was closer to 150k maybe I'd feel better with the lower mileage and doing the work myself, but as it approaches 200k I guess I get apprehensive.

Maybe I just need to change my mindset to wrap it around the longevity of 4runners though. If so many get to 300k then that difference of 45-50k miles isnt such a worry eh.
200k well maintained on a 3rd gen is like 100k well maintained on a Ford or Chevy.
You easily have another 100k on the rig.

Around my parts 5-6k is a good price range. 45-50k is 3 years or so for me. Something to consider, but past maintenance and current condition are much more important.

For example, I bought my current rig, 5spd, locker, no sunroof, knowing it would need an engine soon. Cost me 2k to install a JDM with all new seals ect...
I can’t get rid of a sunroof, and swapping to a 5spd and locker is much more work than a motor swap. And I have a motor core now.

You’ve got to consider the finish and how you’ll get there when purchasing the start.