View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 07:52 PM

erinelizabeth6 is on a distinguished road

erinelizabeth6 is on a distinguished road
Newbie Questions

As a follow-up to this post, I have a couple questions myself. I don't plan to go on crazy road trips (at least not yet) so I don't want to spend hundreds on gear, take out the back seats, or build a platform. I'm trying to keep it simple for 2-3 night excursions.

1. I live in Florida and don't want to be relegated to car camping in December only. Does anyone have a good portable AC unit they recommend? I would be staying at campsites, so if it is corded that would be fine.

2. I have been contemplating buying one of those Corduroy convertible bean bags for sleeping. Thoughts? I am kind of a wimp, lots of previous injuries, so I can't just do a pad or cot. I was wondering if the full or queen size would fit and fill in the spaces since it's a flexible bean bag?

3. How to keep bugs out! I would love to have a way to put the back window halfway down but with some sort of screen on it. Any good DIYs? Someone told me once you can buy something to insert into the window and then you can roll the window up until it is wedged in, but for the life of me I can't find one.

TIA!!!!
erinelizabeth6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote