View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:34 AM

clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice

clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice clearock is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFahrer View Post
Thats a really good point. I think for me I'm not looking for a lot of the off-road capabilities of the 4runner that many are. What really attracted me to it is the reliability. The customization and other capabilities are huge pluses, but I'm more looking for a solid rig that I can take up 4x4 roads for dispersed camping and won't need to always be fretting about something blowing up on me.

With that in mind I'm thinking I should lean towards rigs that have already had work done just so I know its not a threat around the corner (anymore than usual for 200k+). Truth be told too I'm only looking to have it for 1.5 to 2 years before we move abroad so this might not be my lifetime 4runner.

To give you an idea of my two sort of options:

This first option is the more mileage, but more work done:
1996 Toyota 4runner SR5 - cars & trucks - by dealer - vehicle...

Second is less mileage, but less work or no hard records just word of mouth done my oil changes:
1998 Toyota 4Runner - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...
2000 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 4x4 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

Thats just a general gist of what I've been seeing.
U live in an area that has limited to no rust 4runners and ur listing ones from places that have will be rust buckets... NJ... repairing basic ware parts (u will end up replacing major components and it adds hrs 2 a repair) will negate any savings u think u getting by buying a "cheap" runner with "lower" miles (the diff between 180k and 225k all depends on the owner. Ive had 2 replace 160k 3.4L (not from a 96 which do have know HG issues) and Ive swapped 240k+ engines on that have a ton of life left. There r numerous test that can b preformed on and engine to help u c the condition. u cant compare the listed units as apples to apples with whats around u. If u'd like i can walk u through some of what u need to look for on a 3rd gen, i'm not super far from u (south/west), u can swing by and ill give u a run down.
clearock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote