Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 01:44 PM

4RunnerMurse will become famous soon enough

4RunnerMurse will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I agree, except no store stocks the damn things. It's really irritating. You have to order from an online vendor or have a local auto parts store do the same for you. The prices on the same set of taillights varies wildly from vendor to vendor.

And if you open the box and decide you don't like them, you're on the hook for return shipping and a re-stocking fee. And don't you dare install them on your truck to see how they would look or function, because by doing so, you eat even more money if you don't like the look or don't feel the fitment is correct.

I had a conversation with representatives from Anzo on this and their response was pretty much "tough shit". You can't order directly from them either.

AND I have yet to see a single picture of a T4R with those lights installed on it. Not one. The ones on Anzo's website are actually poor photoshops; they're not actual pictures. I asked about that and they said that they were going to take some professional pictures of them installed on an employee's car or something and post them up. That was weeks ago, and they still haven't bothered.

I asked if I could send them a check and have them send me a set directly. I told them I'd install them on my 2020, have the truck professionally shot by a photographer, and then send them the pictures for use on their website. Anzo said that since I wasn't local to SoCal, that wasn't realistic (I wasn't asking them to just give them to me).

Basically, I'd like to see them in person and I'm kinda interested in picking a set up. But at the same time, they make doing so such a pain in the neck and you can't seem to get any real information from them or work any sort of deal out to get pictures and info other enthusiasts like y'all on this board.

Part of me thinks the damn things don't even exist yet, honestly.
I've had the smoked/black ones on my 4runner for probably around 3 months now. I can say they fit just as good as the stock tails did, and they function flawlessly. I got them for $298 off of an ebay vendor not expecting a whole lot, but I'll say I was blown away on quality. The running lights are bright, even during the day they can be seen perfectly. The LED turn signals are so much better than the stock, and the brake lights function pretty much exactly how the stock LED's do. I've had absolutely no issues and I get comments all the time from other 4runner owners.
2016 Super White SR5 || TRD Conversion || King 2.5 Suspension || Dobinsons Rear Springs || Lil B's Front Bumper || Nguyen Works Rear Bumper || SCS Ray10 || ARB 4.88 Gears w/ Rear Locker || Goodyear DuraTrac 35x12.5r17 || RSG Sliders || RSG 1 Piece Skid Plate || SPC UCA || Uptop Bravo Rack || Baja Designs and ExtremeLED Lighting || Morimoto Gen 2 Headlights || Eagle Eye Taillights || Rago Interior Molle Panel || LED Interior Kit || ARB Single Compressor || Airaid CAI || T9 Head Unit || Trigger 6 ||

Last edited by 4RunnerMurse; 06-06-2020 at 04:24 PM.
4RunnerMurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote